We have devised a sample two nights and three nights itinerary for guests who are staying with us who are not on Ayurveda treatments.
1. If you wish to see our two day itinerary, please click here.
2. If you wish to see our three day itinerary, please click here.
Calicut Trails (Walking trails)
Calicut boasts of rich trails of trade, traditions, culture and nature, tastefully created over a thousand years by monsoon winds, mariners, merchants, mighty kings and common folks. Their footprints, imprinted in theme-based trails, are waiting to be traced by tourists, who seek a different experience.
Come to Calicut, and trace the following trails:
- Harbour Trail, revising the ruins of a rich port that prospered on black pepper, sought by sail ships that came from Yemen, Egypt, Persia, Arabia, China and finally Europe, to rewrite the history of the world.
- Traders Trail, through the big bazar and its many lanes and alleys, once buzzing with merchants who sold everything from grains to guns; and still struggling to hang on to its traditional trade practices.
- Thekkepuram Trail, dotted with mosques and matrilineal homes, making it a unique Muslim settlement, evolved through a confluence of cultures, connected through centuries, by monsoon winds and maritime trade.
- Royal Trail, tracing tell-tale signs left behind by six centuries of Zamorin’s rule, which made Calicut the most sought after maritime destination for its rich produces and royal patronage.
Make a booking